Under Graduate Programs
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (or second division) in SSC and HSC examinations (or their equivalent), or GCE/IGCE "O" Level in four subjects and "A" Level in two subjects with minimum GPA of 2.50 in each exam (using scale of A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1), or Average 450 marks in GED with five subjects.
- Minimum GPA of 2.0 in SSC and HSC examinations individually for technical programs, such as, Apparel Manufacture and Technology and Fashion Design and Technology. However:
- The students, who are sons/daughters of freedom fighters, shall be eligible for getting admission to the University if they have a minimum GPA of 5.00 totaling the GPA of SSC and HSC Examinations. Students, however, have to submit the copy of authenticated Certificate as the proof of his/her father/mother’s identity as a freedom fighter.
- Equivalent performance under other educational systems (e.g. American High School Diploma or IB, etc.) University also be accepted.
- A combined SAT score of 1100 also accepted in lieu of Admission Test for High School Graduates in any system.
- For admission to engineering programs, students must have had Physics and Mathematics in HSC/A-Level.
- The University shall also accept non-degree admissions, usually for exchange students.
- Transfer of credits from comparable educational institutions may be considered after admission.
2. Students who have passed the HSC Examination under the mark-based grading system are
considered for admission and scholarship at SU on the basis of a conversion scale approved by SU admission committee.
3. Any confusion relating to the degree or diploma obtained from home or abroad of any applicant for admission in the undergraduate and graduate or for other purposes shall be referred to and resolved by the Degree Equivalence Committee of SU.
Graduate Programs 1. A relevant undergraduate degree from a recognized university with a GPA of 2.5 or above on a scale of 4.0 Or 2. A relevant Bachelor Degree with at least second divisions/classes in all previous exams. Note: Some students may be required to complete some additional preparatory courses at SU before they start their Master’s programs. Different departments may have some additional requirements.